SGS will Conduct the Seminar for Private Label Suppliers of METRO Cash & Carry
In line with the policy of the METRO Group in the field of quality assurance, by 2012 all METRO private brands suppliers have to be certified under GFSI-recognized standards. Starting from 2012, the GFSI certification of a manufacturing plant will be a mandatory condition for submission of a tender within any invitation for tenders for private brands suppliers. Starting from 2013, no product originating from other than GFSI-certified manufacturers will be accepted under METRO Cash & Carry private brand portfolio.
Why this seminar?
If your ogranization is or intends to become the Private Label supplier to METRO Case & Carry, then selecting of one of the GFSI-recognized standards and getting ready to certification should be top priority for you. During the seminar “Implementation and Certification of Food Safety and Quality Management Systems under GFSI-Recognized Standards” on November 24 you will get the unique opportunity to get practical advice directly from METRO Cash & Carry, from consultants implementing the management systems, from auditors conducting certification as well as experience and opinion of Russian food manufacturers that successfully went through implementation and certification. The seminar will be organized by SGS and InterConsult.
Topics to be discussed:
- Requirements of METRO Cash & Carry towards Private Label suppliers. New trends in requirements of major manufacturers and retailers towards suppliers.
- GFSI-recognized standards (FSSC 22000, IFS, BRC and others). Basic principles and approaches. Which standard to select for implementation? Pro and contra?
- Implementing and certifying food safety and quality management systems under GFSI-recognized standards. How to avoid typical mistakes and problems?
- How a food enterprise can gain from third party audits under GFSI-recognized standards?
- Roadmap: step by step towards an international certificate. Where to start from, which actions to undertake in various typical situations, what to expect after the certificate has been reached?
Selecting of the standard to implement and of the general approach to safety and quality management on a food plant is a strategic decision. Information required to take this decision is to be provided during the seminar on November 24. In this connection we recommend two persons to join the seminar from each organization:
- General Manager or Executive Director;
- Quality Manager or Quality Representative.
Participation in the seminar is free of charge on the condition of preliminary registration.
Kristina Selivanova, Svetlana Kropina
Systems and Services Certification, SGS Vostok Limited, Moscow
t: (495) 775 44 55
The SGS Group is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With 67,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 1,250 offices and laboratories around the world.