Gelendzhik hosted SGS Grain Quality Seminar
We are glad to announce that in November 2013 SGS Agricultural Services for the first time in Russia carried out the seminar focusing on quality, safety and certification of cereals. All presentations had been prepared and thought over in the way to give the clearest comprehension of the topic and at the same time not to go deep into technical details, which can be useless in everyday routine work.
Nineteen managers from ten well-known international trading companies took part in this event. The interactive format of the seminar boosted active involvement of attendees who contributed to the discussion. The high interest shown by the audience testified of the urgency of the topics under discussion, namely:
- The food and feed safety requirements of the main destination countries. General provisions, IFIA guidelines for specific certifications
- Basic parameters for wheat quality appraisal. Standards correlation (EU, ISO, USDA, GOST)
- Actual quality statistic data. Cereals, crop 2013
- Corn: basic export quality requirements, China requirements
- Wheat and pulses: basic international quality requirements. Standards correlation (EU, ISO, USDA, GOST)
- GMO, IP program , SGS Ukraine experience
- Obligatory requirements for raw materials supply to Europe for bioenergy industry purposes.
The seminar was animated by speakers and moderators from SGS Switzerland, Ukraine and Russia, including Vice-President Johny Boerjan.
Irina Sarycheva, Customer Care and Technical Governance Manager
SGS Vostok Limited (Member of the SGS Group)
t. +7 (8617) 60 69 25
f. +7 (8617) 60 69 12
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognised as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 75 000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 1 500 offices and laboratories around the world.