SGS completed the first surveillance audit of Achimgaz IMS
From 15 to 17 July 2014, auditors of SGS Vostok Limited, the Russian subsidiary of the SGS Group conducted the first surveillance audit of Achimgaz’ Integrated Management Systems (IMS).
The SGS audit proved that IMS has been operating in accordance with ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007. SGS auditors recommended prolonging the validity period of the certificates of conformity. The certification scope included production, processing and transportation of natural gas and gas-condensate.
The following positive observations were pointed out by SGS auditors in Achimgaz’ performance:
- Efficient cooperation with subcontractors with regard to HSE issues.
- Top management’s efforts aimed at safety assurance, thorough analysis of all incidents, absence of emergencies, accidents and occupational diseases.
- Installation of additional three-stage protection against flowing on gas production wells.
- To reduce production operations risks HAZOP procedure (on the stage of main technical decision-making, design and operation) was implemented. As a result of the second stage recommendations have been developed to design next construction wave and design documentation was corrected. Production process automation system was improved.
- High level of organization of production personnel training in terms of HSE.
- High level of health and safety monitoring.
With regard to objective-setting, SGS auditors recommended to pay special attention to timely response and actions in case of changes in national and local legislation taking into account relevant risks and environmental aspects of the organization.
Achimgaz was founded on 17 July 2003 on a parity basis with the participation of Wintershall AG, 100% affiliated company of BASF, and Gazprom Dobycha Urengoy, 100% affiliated company of OJSC Gazprom. The company was established with the objective to develop the 1A site of Achim deposits of Urengoy gas-oil-condensate field. Start of production: July 2008.
Sales Manager, Systems and Services Certification, Urals Region
SGS Vostok Limited
t.: +7 343 379 57 85
f: +7 343 379 57 85
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognised as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 80,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 1,650 offices and laboratories around the world.